posted on 11:59 AM, February 15, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/hx8lw.
News items in this issue include:
- Eleven ESTA proposed standards in public review
- FCC News: Internet Access Service Report (Guam's not good) and February Open Meeting agenda
- PLASA Lighting Protocols Plugfest 2018 registration open
- Severe Weather Summit March 22-23
- NIST issues Blockchain Technology Draft Report, seeks comments
- ANSI, DIN, and DKE co-host U.S.-German Standards Panel 2018 on cybersecurity, future technologies
- WTO TBTs: telecoms in Brazil *very* broadly defined, PCS devices in Canada WEEE in the EU
- Public review announcements: NFPA NITMAMs, scaffolding, gas lights and toilets, LED modules, zip lines, MR-16 lamps, orthographic and pictorial drawings, cloud data management
- BSI Public Review: a draft EN standard for stage machinery
- New ANS projects: crime scene dogs and electronic product sustainability
- Final actions on ANSs: timber, technical commissioning, spraying and dipping with flammable stuff, oxy-fuel welding systems, deflagration venting, smoke control, electrical industrial machinery, stored and standby emergency power, motion picture soundstages, fire safety symbols, flame tests, model and high-power rockets, portable generator carbon-monoxide
- Draft IEC & ISO standards: chain slings, cloud computing, big data, ergonomics, emergency exit signs for people who can't walk, blue-light characteristics of displays.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: EMC limits ≤16 A per phase, non-destructive weld tests, pickled sheep pelts
- TSP Meeting Schedule
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges and Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.