What's New > ESTA Standards Watch - September 29, 2020
September 29, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Two draft TSP standards in public review.
- The Events Industry Forum updates the updated COVID-19 guidance for England.
- IAFE call to action on HR 7883.
- FCC pushes back push-notification deadline.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: electrical products in Argentina; external power supplies in Chile; electrical & electronic equipment in the Ukraine; two Chinese standards about electrical equipment and fire safety systems; Korean regulations about packaging; spectrum allocation in Switzerland.
- ANSI public reviews: body harnesses; IPv6 host and router profiles; solar, hydronic & geothermal code; pools & spas; below-the-hook lifting devices; Green Globes assessment; industrial robots; photovoltaic hazard control; safe confined space entry; and a guide for assessing fire risks assessment.
- CSA public reviews: emergency stop devices; service entrance ground-fault detection.
- A dozen new ANS projects.
- Final actions on American National Standards: six more addenda to ANSI/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017; revisions to NFPA 1, 4, 30, and 101; UL standards for ice cream makers and LED equipment.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: DALI; PCM audio; residual current monitors, semiconductor circuit-breakers; industrial communication networks, laser safety; electrotechnical vocabulary; and more.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: smart communities; calculating where space vehicles will crash; digital rights management; control room design; human-system ergonomics, SQL; wire rope eye-splices; cloud computing; and human language selection.
- TSP meeting schedule, now with more meetings!
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →