What's New > ESTA Standard Watch - August 14, 2020
August 19, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- A new ESTA/ESA standard approved and published.
- A quartet of draft TSP standards in public review.
- Call for candidates for the ESTA Board of Directors.
- WTO TBTs: standards marks and licenses in Thailand; 49 types of electrical products in Korea; broadband in India; electrical lighting in Mexico; EMC in Canada; face masks in Kenya; and organic products in the USA.
- ANSI public reviews: anthropology scene detection; the elliptic curve digital signature algorithm; therapeutic virtual reality; testing unlicensed wireless devices; public safety social media; efficient water use; and NFPA standards for industrial machinery, grandstands, cultural resources, and weapons of mass destruction response programs.
- New ANS projects: ICC standard for building accessibility; environmentally conscious design; and IAPMO uniform mechanical & plumbing codes.
- Final actions on ANSs: testing treestand fall arrest systems; lithium batteries and cells; and attachment plug safety.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: luminaires; batteries in portable AV equipment; technical drawing vocabulary; a couple of IoT standards; and smart city operating models.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: electric and hybrid vehicle EMC; low-voltage switchgear; industrial automation security; non-active power measurements; top-priority standards development; industrial system reliability, carpet tufts; beach safety flags; and non-destructive testing.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →