What's New > ESA’s Weather Planning for Mass Gatherings Workshop
From Woodstock to Indiana, from wind to lightning to extreme heat, severe weather is one of the most common and potentially dangerous hazards affecting outdoor events. Conscientious event professionals are expected to include comprehensive weather planning as part of their overall event management plan.
ESA’s Weather Planning for Mass Gatherings Workshop (formerly the “Severe Weather Summit”) is a practical workshop that joins meteorological science and event operations to help event and venue professionals address increasingly volatile weather conditions. This year’s program is delivered in partnership with DTN and the University of Texas at Austin on January 4-5, 2023.
Wednesday, January 4 - 5 , 2023 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 78712, United States + Streaming options available
Subject matter experts in the fields of meteorology, engineering, event production, crowd management, and risk management will guide attendees through topics including:
• Weather phenomena that can threaten events, temporary structures, and production elements;
• The science of forecasting and peril of playing meteorologist with your crowd and workers;
• Public and private resources that can help with weather preparedness;
• Technologies that can give you more timely notice of threatening weather;
• Impacts of weather on event infrastructure;
• The importance of communication plans to notify and activate your crowd before a weather emergency;
• Coordination with public safety officials;
• The elements of an actionable severe weather plan;
• “Action the plan” Final learning assessment
Registration for this two-day workshop is just $375 for ESA members and $475 for non-members, which includes all course materials, lunch/refreshments, and social activities. For those unable to attend in person, streaming options are available for $150 Members/ $250 Non-Members (note: due to the interactive nature of this workshop some programming may differ for the streaming option).
Understanding severe weather is a science all to itself. The Weather Operations Workshop will provide attendees with the knowledge necessary to identify and prepare for potential threats, and how to use existing technology and expertise in order to safely handle most types of weather events.
In-Person - Includes materials, lunch, and social activities during your stay.
Member Price – $375
Non-Member Price – $475
Member Price – $150
Non-Member Price – $250
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →