This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Stratford, Ontario
Position: Wardrobe Apprentice
Deadline: October 4, 2019
Posted: September 25, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
This position reports to the Head of Wardrobe – Tom Patterson Theatre and is part of the Wardrobe team.
• Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the fitting room area
• Label inventory in actors personal boxes for each show
• Cutting and construction of the microphone battery pack belts for the musicals
• Assist in minor sewing tasks as required
• Provide cutters and design teams with items they require for each fitting
• Provide general office assistance to wardrobe management team
• Work with Buyers Office to complete inventory of notions items
• Work with Costume Coordinator and design teams to move large costume racks and transfer costumes between racks
• Assist in both wardrobe and crafts areas as needed
• Keep fitting room and storage areas fully stocked and tidy including completing any necessary laundry
• Re-file accessories items and keep all fitting supply cabinets neat and orderly
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Post-secondary diploma or equivalent education and experience in a field related to Costume Construction or Fashion Design
• Previous sewing experience
• Extremely organized
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
• Proven ability to work independently
The Wardrobe Apprentice position is ideal for anyone who has recently graduated from a fashion or costume studies course and who wishes to pursue a career in the wardrobe area of theatre production. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in wardrobe construction within the performing arts industry.
This contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario from February 2020 – August 2020.
Job Type: Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by October 4, 2019 to:
Subject: Wardrobe Apprentice
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike.