This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
This part time position provides technical services in support of the academic mission of the School of Arts, Media, Performance & Design's Departments of Dance, Music, Theatre and occasionally the Departments of Design, Film and Visual Arts and Digital Media program. In addition, the position will provide technical services to internal (other University departments) and external clients. Technical services revolve around the performance facilities including five main venues and ancillary spaces.
Major Areas of Responsibility
1. Unloads vehicles, moves equipment from storage locations.
2. Installs dance floors, sets, risers, and podiums.
3. Moves musical instruments, music stands and orchestra chairs.
4. Rigs scenery, soft goods and signage, operates the fly system and loads bricks on arbour.
5. Operates personnel lifts and installs, hangs and focuses theatrical lighting equipment.
6. Sets up communication and program equipment.
7. Sets up microphones, direct inputs and monitors.
8. Sets up and patches audio reinforcement equipment.
9. Operates audio, recording, lighting, audio-visual and projection equipment set-up to function at a basic level controlling a few inputs/lighting instruments/projectors in a simple set-up.
10. May fulfill the role of Stage Manager.
11. Other duties as assigned
Job Qualification and Related Skill Requirements
Minimum formal education/training, related experience and job related skills
Education: Three years Post Secondary Education in Music, Dance or Theatre production or equivalent experience. The equivalent experience is Grade 12 High School graduation plus three years of employment experience in music or stage production.
Related Employment Experience: 6 months experience in music or stage production
Salary: $22.33 per hour