This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Royal MTC produces six shows each season that are the leading responsibility of the Technical Director position, alongside ancillary event and presentations in the John Hirsch Mainstage. The Tom Hendry Warehouse has a separate TD position.
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Technical Director works in conjunction with highly experienced seasonal props, wardrobe, carpentry and paint shops staff to deliver extraordinary productions. The TD will be joining a busy and successful Production Department and ideally brings significant experience, a sense of humour and an appreciation for the unique challenges each show brings
The start date is flexible but ideally the new TD will begin work in June or July, 2018.
This is a full time year round position.
The TD is responsible for all technical elements of John Hirsch Mainstage productions, including:
• Costing out shows based on preliminary and final designs
• Keeping track of ongoing costs and budget reconciliation
• Working with various departments on innovative solutions to problems
• Creating detailed production schedules
• Supervising the installation, strike and tech week of all productions
• Ensuring the maintenance, on an ongoing basis, of all production equipment
• Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of production equipment
• Participating in the selection of production equipment, the planning of long-term improvements and maintenance for the facility
• A graduate of a recognized theatre program or have equivalent professional experience
• Strong knowledge of current theatrical production equipment and processes
• More than five years’ experience as a TD with a broad working knowledge of all elements of production applicable to a regional theatre
• Strong drafting, CAD and computer skills (Royal MTC uses Vectorworks)
• Experience in budget tracking and maintaining material and labour budgets for shows, overhead and capital
• Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities; experience managing IATSE work crews is an asset
• Ability to assess health and safety issues and be an active member of the H&S committee
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to Russell Martin, Director of Production, . Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday March 30, 2018
Salary: Full Time position with Benefits.
Royal MTC is Canada’s oldest English language regional theatre. Each season, MTC produces ten plays at our two venues as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, a Master Playwright Festival, and an annual regional tour. www.royalmtc.ca