This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The successful applicant will be responsable to:
- Run sound for the "main stage" shows. (QLab playback and live mixing)
- Trouble shoot any problems at our Parish Hall venue
- Perform all audio related duties for change overs
- Mix FOH and monitors for the Dinner Theatre.
- Load and unload equipment on local tours
- Graduated from a recognized theatre production / stage craft / audio engineering program.
- Experience in live engineering
- Experience with Digital Audio systems and consoles
- Experience with QLab 2 and/or QLab3
- Ability to trouble shoot Analogue and Digital equipment
- Ability to maintain the designers concepts while adapting to different systems & setups
Accommodations provided by the Company both in Trinity and on the road.
Contract is from August 1st - Mid November 2013 with a potential short provincial tour during that time.
Salary: Based on experience.
Brian Kenny - Head of Sound / Sound Designer - Rising Tide Theatre
Since 1978, Rising Tide Theatre has been an innovator and leader in the cultural life of Newfoundland & Labrador. Under the guidance of Artistic Director Donna Butt, Rising Tide has been the genesis of a repertoire of original stories including Canada's 2001 Governor General's Literary Award-Winner for English Language Drama 'Harps of God'.
In 2000 the construction of the Rising Tide Arts Centre in Trinity established a new permanent home for the company and a focal point for the 20,000 annual visitors who are drawn to the unique blend of art, entertainment and history unlike offered anywhere else.