This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Operations department has an opportunity for an enthusiastic, resourceful team-player who thrives in a fast paced, hands-on environment in the role of “Project Manager – Technical Theatrical Systems”. This position is a one year contract.
Reporting to and working closely with the Vice President of Operations, the Project Manager – Technical Theatrical Systems will manage assigned capital projects within TO Live’s seven performance venues.
The ideal candidate will have a background and/or familiarity in performing arts venues, building operations and capital projects.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead or assist in the creation of capital project tender documents.
• Coordinate contractors where applicable.
• Lead project budget preparation, scheduling and monitoring processes.
• Create and manage the development of critical paths, planning, implementation, process and work back schedules to support capital projects.
• Manage all capital construction activities (e.g. renovations, inspections, contractor and architect meetings, permitting activities, project close-out and building commission activities, calendars, mandated reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that all phases of projects are completed within specifications and with minimal interruption to site personnel.
• Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records.
• Ensure projects and contractors work around day-to-day activity without interruptions to the TO Live tenants, guests or productions.
• Engage and contract consultants as required.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Very strong knowledge of all manner of technical theatre systems and staging.
• Project management experience working with project teams with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in authoring tender documents.
• Experience in municipal procurement policies and procedures is preferred.
• Experience in working with CCDC documents is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities, develop plans, meet deadlines and manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
• Minimum 3 collective years’ of experience working on capital projects within a theatrical environment or equivalent.
• Experience in a unionized environment.
• Clear evidence of good judgment, reasoning ability, problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities.
• Results oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire trust.
• Highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is a strong asset.
• Practical knowledge of employment, labour and occupational health and safety laws.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project an asset.
• PMP Certification a very strong asset.
• Variable and often long hours including nights and weekends.
• Variable hours of work depending on performance and event schedules
• Consistent ability to interact with a wide range of temperaments
• Ability to stand and walk freely and quickly
• Travel between all three TO Live venues
Salary: $70,000 to $95,000
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to . Please include “Project Manager – Technical Theatrical Systems” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: January 28, 2019
Application Deadline: February 11, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
Previously known as Civic Theatres Toronto, TO Live is one of the city's largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues and presenting a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events in both downtown and uptown Toronto at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and the Toronto Centre for the Arts. With two hubs of creativity and content creation in both downtown and uptown Toronto, TO Live has a unique place and perspective in Toronto. The mission of TO Live is to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto's diversity.