This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
Project Manager – Technical Theatrical Systems (1 year contract)
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing assigned capital projects within TO Live’s three venues. Reporting to Director of Capital Projects and working closely with the Vice President of Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and/or familiarity in performing arts venues, building operations, and capital projects.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for each assigned capital project from concept to completion, providing leadership and direction to the project team.
• Lead capital project budget preparation, scheduling, and monitoring processes for all assigned projects.
• Collaborate with the architect and construction contractors to ensure feasibility of each project.
• Coordinate with contractors on all construction projects.
• Manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Lead in the creation of capital project bid documents (e.g. RFP’s, RFQ’s, and Tenders).
• Examine and analyze quotations, conduct negotiations with contractors and suppliers and award purchase orders.
• Create and manage the development of critical paths, planning, implementation, process and work back schedules to support capital projects.
• Manage all capital construction activities (e.g. renovations, inspections, contractor and architect meetings, permitting activities, project close-out and building commission activities, calendars, mandated reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that all phases of projects are completed within specifications and with minimal interruption to site personnel.
• Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records.
• Ensure projects and contractors work around day-to-day activity without interruptions to the TO Live tenants, guests or productions.
• Engage and contract consultants as required.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Experience as a project manager working in a theatrical environment or equivalent.
• Very strong knowledge of all manner of technical theatres systems and staging.
• Project management experience working with project teams with multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings, electrical schematics, and architectural plans.
• Experience in authoring RFP’s, RFQ’s, and tender documents.
• Experience in municipal procurement policies and procedures is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities, develop plans, meet deadlines and manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
• Experience in a unionized environment.
• Clear evidence of good judgment, reasoning ability, problem solving skills and strategic thinking capabilities.
• Results oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire trust.
• Highly organized in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is a strong asset.
• Practical knowledge of employment, labour and occupational health and safety laws.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project an asset.
• PMP Certification a very strong asset.
• Variable and often long hours including nights and weekends.
• Variable hours of work depending on performance and event schedules.
• Consistent ability to interact with a wide range of temperaments.
• Ability to stand and walk freely and quickly.
• Travel between all TO Live venues.
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com. Please include ‘Project Manager – Technical Theatrical Systems (1 year contract)” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: February 19, 2020
Application Deadline: March 03, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.