This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Production Manager
Deadline: December 4, 2019
Posted: November 20, 2019
Job Description / Duties
TO Live has an opportunity in its Programming (Production) department for a Full Time Production Manager.
In this role, the Production Manager is responsible, as assigned, for the production and technical elements of TO Live’s activities throughout its facilities including those taking place on the stages, in the lobbies and exterior spaces.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Schedules and supervises House Crew and IATSE Locals 58 & 822 members sent to work at the any of the TO Live venues.
• Monitors daily the production activities and work schedules of the venues, including for load-ins, performances, corporate events, load outs, and other production activities.
• Liaises with the client and internal departments to ensure smooth and professional performance and event management.
• Provides timely, clear and concise work calls to the business agents of Locals 58 and 822.
• Resolves in a timely manner production and production personnel issues as they arise and to the mutual satisfaction of the TO Live venues and/or its clients, briefs Programming and Corporate Sales departments as needed, and escalates serious unresolved issues to the Director of Production and/or Vice-President of Programming.
• Prepares cost effective and thoughtful performance and event estimates for Programming and Corporate Sales for all performances and events at the TO Live venues in a timely manner.
• Monitors individual show and/or event budgets and ensures that Programming and Corporate Sales departments are appraised as early as possible of unexpected significant cost overages (over runs).
• Double checks with all IATSE department heads to ensure time sheets are complete and accurate for hours worked and quantity of crew on the calls.
• Reviews labour time sheets for accuracy and completeness for submission at ‘Settlement’.
• Fully utilizes the TO Live’s event management software to provide TO Live with performance, event, maintenance and other information where it is necessary and/or helpful to all work flow and to use it for internal organization purposes such as to provide House Crew members with an overview of future work calls.
• Maintains communication with the Booking Manager, attends Programming and Corporate Sales meetings and Operations meetings. Meets with TO Live’s prospective and existing mainstream clients as well as clients representing Toronto’s diversity to ensure a high quality of service.
• Takes on special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Supports “TO Live Presents” in venues outside of the TO Live venues as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in theatre and production management with extensive budgeting experience with financial accountability.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar position in a rental and/or presenting venue.
• Experience with a wide range of theatrical activities i.e. dance, concerts, musicals, headliners, world music, etc.
• Experience with corporate events an asset.
• Experience in a unionized environment.
• Strong organizational, planning and leadership skills to coordinate conflicting deadlines and interruptions.
• Interpersonal, team building, and collaborative skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Practical knowledge of employment, labour and occupational health and safety laws.
• Proficiency in word, excel, and the technical drawing software most used in a theatre environment.
• Variable and often long hours including nights and weekends. Variable hours of work depending on performance and event schedules.
• Consistent ability to interact with a wide range of temperaments.
• Ability to stand and walk freely and quickly.
• Frequent travel between the three TO Live venues.
Salary: $60,000 to $64,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: November 4, 2019
Application Deadline: December 4, 2019
Start Date: ASAP
TO Live is one of Canada’s largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues: Meridian Hall (formerly the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts), the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and Meridian Arts Centre (formerly the Toronto Centre for the Arts). In addition, TO Live presents a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events at these venues in both downtown and uptown Toronto. With these two hubs of creativity and content creation, TO Live has a unique place and perspective to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto’s diversity.