This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Technical
- Oversee all Lighting Department activities
- Work with LX designers to execute their concepts
- Supervise LX crews during set up and strikes
- Supervise and participate in the hang and focus of lighting plots
- Operate the lighting console during technical rehearsals and performances
- Maintain and repair all theatrical lighting equipment
- Keep and update lighting inventories for both performance spaces
- Create and update ‘house’ plots for both theatres
- Assist with set up, strike, and operation of gear for rental activities
- Attend production and technical meetings as required
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Abide by all The Employee Handbook guidelines and rules
- Assist other tech departments as necessary
- Carry out any other tasks requested by the TD or PM
- Proven experience in theatre as a Lighting Technician
- Proficiency in set up, programming, and operation of ETC Lighting Consoles, and the use of ETCNet
- Programming and operation of moving lights, scrollers, and other dmx triggered devices
- Working understanding of all technical aspects of theatre and live events
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure/ deadlines
- Experience in lighting for dance, live music, and other performance events
- Knowledge of basic rigging for theatre is an asset
- Knowledge of operation of counterweight fly system is an asset
- First Aid training is an asset
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Must be a team player, and should have a love of the theatre and the performing arts
We operate mainly ETC equipment, including both Gio and Ion consoles. Source 4 fixtures are standard, as well as Chauvet LED cyclorama lighting. Apollo Right Arms, colour scrollers, and dmx irises are also part of our inventory.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must become a member of, and maintain good standing with, IATSE Local #300
Persephone Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
Persephone gratefully acknowledges its location at River Landing in Saskatoon, on Treaty 6 land, traditional territory of the Cree and homeland of the Métis.
We thank all those who apply for the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: Salary is $1000/wk based on a 40hr. work week. Note that this often entails evenings and weekends. Company Benefit Plan available after 3 month probation period.
100 Spadina Crescent East
Saskatoon, SK S7K 0L3
Persephone Theatre, Saskatchewan’s most prolific Regional Theatre, is seeking a Head of Lighting to join its production team.
Located in Saskatoon, Persephone Theatre owns and operates the Remai Arts Centre which houses a 420 seat proscenium fly house and a 150 seat black box theatre, as well as rehearsal halls, production facilities, and public spaces. The Theatre is a member of PACT, and operates under agreements with CAEA, ADC, PGC, and our own CBA with IATSE Local #300.
Each season, Persephone Theatre typically programs 6 Main Stage shows, 3 second stage shows (the Deep End), and a comprehensive youth program that includes a theatre school, a 2 show provincial Youth Tour, and up to 4 Youth Series presentations. Additionally, its rehearsal halls, lobby areas and performance spaces are see community and performance rentals and events throughout the year. For more information on Persephone Theatre, please visit our website at www.persephonetheatre.org