This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
Temporary position (12 months)
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
As a superstar of automation, you will will work with the different departments of Technical Services & Studios and will provide tools and training to the team within your area of expertise. You will be the link between members of production teams, such as project managers, rigging leads, designers to inform better practices.
Your responsibilities will entail:
· Putting in place or standardizing automation methods, procedures, practices and protocols for the Technical Services & Studios department automation;
· Ensuring that the technical and automation staff (Cirque employees and temporary workers) respect the safety rules and norms regarding automation equipment safety and apply safe working methods;
- Supporting the production team and the head of training (FDA) in the planning of automation-related needs;
- Supervising staff, participating in set-ups and tear-downs, making the integration and transfer of the show’s automation in big tops, theaters and other venues;
Being the link between Show Support, Technical Services & Studios and the robotics suppliers for changes affecting robotics in the studios. Doing research for the purchase of new and replacement equipment;
- Proposing alternatives to the systems that will be installed permanently for new number evaluation;
- Training and supervising new operators for rotations and replacements;
- Training and supervising operators for maintenance and servicing in our studios, and on occasion, off-location, for our touring productions;
- Taking part in the development of plans and quotes with the technical support team;
- Managing, maintaining and inspecting the automation and motorized equipment of the Studios;
- Documenting, archiving, and updating the automation records and inspection reports, the inspection procedures, system updates, inventory and technical documentation;
- Any other task given by the Head of Technical Services & Studios.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- A university diploma in robotics or electronics (or equivalent work experience);
- Relevant experience with automation systems;
- Technical knowledge of automated systems (programmable controllers, single-phase motors commands, control loops, electrical systems);
- Knowledge of the Tait Navigator system is a plus;
- General knowledge of mechanical and electronic systems;
- General understanding of the technical aspects of a show is an asset;
- Command of written and spoken French and English;
- Available to work irregular hours;
- Ability to operate machinery such as forklift or cherry picker.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Be a part of a revolutionary experience in reshaping operations at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work within our business casual environment.
Salary: Starting at 70K
To apply, please click here: https://cirk.me/2WNsI9N