This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Province: Saint John, New Brunswick
Position: Head Electrician
Deadline: October 18, 2019
Posted: October 4, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head Electrician provides lighting and staging support for all performances and events at Imperial Theatre.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the Technical Director in show planning
• Providing live event lighting as required for IT presentations and rental clients
• Liaise with incoming lighting directors in the advance planning and implementation of shows. (adaption of lighting plots and paperwork) Implementing lighting designs provided by touring companies and rental clients
• Maintain lighting equipment and inventory including twist lock and DMX cable, fixtures, consoles, fixtures and accessories and dimmers.
• Ensure lighting gear is used in a safe manner
• Being available as a stage hand for tech crew when needed outside of lighting.
• Programming ETC GIO board for conventional and DMX moving light rig
• Video - Set up and operations of projection systems when needed.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Successful candidates will have:
• 3 years previous experience with live performance/theatre in a road house environment
• Experience with ETC GIO and DMX lighting network systems
• Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced, deadline-orientated environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage clients and staff effectively while adhering to a tight schedule.
• Easily adapts to change and enjoys challenging work.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to cope with long hours.
• Experience with projection an asset (not required)
• Physically able to work at heights, climb ladders and lift 50 pounds
Position is subject to IATSE 680 contract.
More about the theatres technical information can be found on our website: https://imperialtheatre.ca/faq/rent-the-theatre/
Salary: Full Time - 35 Hours Per-Week Salary: $20.50 / HR
Please apply in confidence no later than Friday, October 18, 2019 by 5:00 PM by email to:
Use Subject line: Head Electrician
Please include an updated resume, cover letter and references. Please be to ensure to list any on-the-job training, workshops, certificates and post-secondary education that you have completed and that is relevant to this position.
We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Imperial Theatre is one of Atlantic Canada’s busiest, multi-disciplinary Performing Arts Centres. The 872-seat proscenium theatre is Saint John’s premier performance space and presents a professional season each year as well as operating as a rental facility for professional touring productions, and local professional and amateur community organizations.