This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Port Theatre Society is seeking a professional stage technician for the position of Head Carpenter to join our leadership team. This is a full time, salaried position and offers an extensive benefit package.
This position reports to the Technical Director and directly supervises part time staff on an as-needed basis.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills and will exhibit a keen interest and marked ability to work as a part of a dynamic team environment. The Head Carpenter will be expected to assist the Production Team in all areas of theatre management as required. This position emphasises client interaction and strong soft skills are required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive experience working in a counterweight fly house and exemplary stagecraft skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage maintenance and ongoing capital development of the stage and related equipment
• Experience and proven ability in supervising and nurturing casual and part-time staff
• Ability to contact clients to advance upcoming events as needed
• Ability to provide expertise and assistance to both community and professional touring clientele
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and Vectorworks.
• An interest in lifelong learning and professional development
• A willingness to teach and share information and knowledge, and to be a team player
Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000
Include Head Carpenter Search in Subject Line
The Port Theatre is an 800-seat professional roadhouse theatre that operates in downtown Nanaimo, British Columbia. The theatre is owned by the City of Nanaimo and operated by the Port Theatre Society. It hosts an average of 200 events per year comprised of a broad range of commercial and community based clients as well as events presented directly by the Society.