This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Calgary, Alberta
Position: Executive Assistant
Deadline: October 18, 2019
Posted: October 7, 2019
Job Description / Duties
The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for the executive office and will be provide administrative services to the Managing Director and CEO, and Artistic Director.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Post-secondary degree and relevant work experience
• Experience in a non-profit and/or arts environment would be an asset
• Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends, especially during performance nights
• Manage the Managing Director & CEO, and Artistic Director’s schedule
• Prepare letters and general correspondence on behalf of the Managing Director & CEO, and Artistic Director
• Attend and take detailed minutes of staff meetings and leadership meetings
• Purchase, receive and store office supplies, ensuring basic supplies are always available
• Maintain updated staff contact lists and organizational charts
• Sort, open and forward incoming mail to the appropriate person(s)
• Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
• In conjunction with the Board Liaison and Special Projects Manager, assist with coordinating the logistics and processes for the staff and Board of Directors annual meeting
• Prepare setup and cleanup of refreshments for meetings as requested
• Prepare expense reimbursement forms for Managing Director & CEO, and Artistic Director
• Log cheques that arrive
• Maintain confidentiality and ensure all confidential information is secured
Knowledge and Skills
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Able to manage multiple tasks
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to take on responsibilities outside of the scope of the job outlined above
Founded in 1972, Calgary Opera is one of Canada’s leading professional opera companies. For 48 years the not-for-profit arts company has made a name for itself nationally and internationally for its commitment to the development of Canadian talent and the creation of new opera works, including six world premieres. Through education and community outreach, Calgary Opera fosters a love of music and theatre in young people and provides opportunities for young artists to develop skills for successful professional careers in the performing arts industry.
Calgary Opera is a proud member of Opera.ca and Opera America.
Calgary Opera’s Mission:
Calgary Opera engages our entire community with innovative and inspiring operas in a multitude of forms and venues, and through educational activities and the training of young Canadian artists, while developing our people and managing our operations in a fiscally sound and efficient manner.
Calgary Opera’s Vision:
Calgary Opera aspires to be a leader in the opera field, known for its intensive collaboration with arts organizations of all sizes, a thoughtful balance of traditional classics and more alternative works, and a mix of larger-scale and smaller artistic projects. The company will rely on a network of diverse sources to recruit artistic and operational talent, with a strong commitment to develop and showcase top Canadian talent.