This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Design
The Wally Russell bursary/scholarship supporting young lighting design interns has been in place at the Los Angeles Opera since 1998; in 2006 The Wally Russell Foundation extended their generosity to fund a similar Canadian placement with the Canadian Opera Company. The award is worth approximately $5000.00 and is awarded once annually.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work alongside the Canadian Opera Company’s Lighting Coordinator and Assistant Lighting Designer, other members of the Technical Production team, and international design teams. The internship will take place during the COC’s Winter Repertory season. It will offer the opportunity to be a part of every step associated with mounting and executing two large-scale opera productions in full repertory.
Please visit the COC website for further details.
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold;">Qualifications / Required Skills</span>
The successful applicant shall:
- Be a student currently completing their final year of post-secondary education in a Theatre Program
- Demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in Entertainment Lighting Design
- Complete a written application to be submitted with a current Resume.
- Attend an individual interview with the Canadian Opera Company’s Lighting Coordinator, Technical Director and where possible a representative from the Wally Russell Foundation in Canada. Where necessary this may be a phone interview.
- Be willing to keep the COC informed of their professional activities between the time of their graduation and the commencement of the internship.
Canadian Opera Company
The COC is the largest producer of opera in Canada and one of the five largest in North America, producing seven mainstage productions and a free concert series annually in the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts.