This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
The Board of Directors of the charitable Bailey Theatre Society is seeking a General Manager responsible for the overall management of the business operations and activities of this historic theatre.
Reporting directly to the President of the Bailey Theatre Society, the General Manager shall:
• Provide policy advice to the Board and implement the policies and procedures adopted by the Board.
• Serve in an advisory capacity to all standing committees of the Board and ad hoc committees as necessary.
• Oversee all financial transactions of the Theatre Operations to ensure adherence to standard financial and accounting principles; approve budgeted expenditures within guidelines provided by the Board.
• Consult with the Treasurer to monitor revenues and expenditures and assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports for Theatre Operations.
• In conjunction with the Human Resources Committee, carry out all human resource management functions including the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training and performance of all employees of the Bailey Theatre. Maintain a safe and effective workplace. Supervise employees and volunteers to ensure smooth operation of the box office, subscriptions, communicate with members, records, archives and the performer’s lounge.
• Coordinate with the Bistro contractor on pre-event dining opportunities and monitor expectations.
• Collaborate with the Artistic Manager to produce an annual calendar of events and the marketing connected with these events.
•Negotiate and execute contracts on behalf of the Bailey Theatre as directed by the Board.
• Recruit, orient, train and activate volunteers and develop volunteer rewards programs.
• Solicit sponsorships in support of the Bailey Theatre to ensure long-term visions and goals are realized.
• In conjunction with the Fund Raising Committee, develop initiatives for specific fund raising events and prepare and submit grant applications as available.
• Promote the interests, activities, usage and facilities of the Bailey Theatre in the community and the Region.
In addition to being a passionate advocate for the performing arts, the ideal candidate will:
• Have post-secondary education in arts education or equivalencies
• Have proven experience in theatre management (3+ years will be seen as an asset)
• Have a working knowledge and experience with ATAA, CAPOCOA and other related agencies
• Have strong interpersonal and writing skills
• Have ability to prepare financial statements and monitor expenses
• Have a valid drivers license and reliable vehicle
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter with salary expectation in confidence to:
5041 – 50 Street
Camrose, AB T4V 1R3
Candidates who make the short list will be interviewed by phone to start the selection process. Competition closes August 1st, 2014. If you have questions call Ross at 780-672-0620.