This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
A full-time Technical Director provides leadership and management in the operation of the theatre’s technical systems and technical personnel including coordinating details necessary for the smooth running of all performances and activities in the theatre. Responsibilities include hiring, training, supervising and scheduling all technical personnel. Physical plant management duties include the preparation and maintenance of a seven-year capital development plan, maintenance of all physical plant systems, scheduling cleaning, repairs and replacements as required.
The successful candidate will have :
• Extensive experience in road house operations with a marked interest in workplace wellness and safety
• Solid working knowledge of professional technical systems and physical plant operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of PC, windows based, network environment including MS Office
• Demonstrated ability to manage an operating and capital budgets .
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and provide leadership to full time as well as part time technical staff while maintaining an atmosphere of trust and encouraging personal and professional growth
• Experience in working closely with professional touring organizations and community groups. Positive personal contact with our community clients is essential.
• Marked ability and interest in acting as a resource for our staff and clients is essential
• Ability to successfully operate in a fast paced flexible environment
• Professional experience as a Technical Director
T.D. Job Search
The Port Theatre
125 Front Street
The Port Theatre is a professional roadhouse with a mandate to encourage and develop community use.