This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Technical Director operates in close cooperation with the Production Manager and Artistic Director. Operating directly with professional designers and directors, the Technical Director is in charge of the analysis, costing, construction, and actualization of complex set, sound, and lighting designs, and is responsible for addressing all of the technical needs of the Theatre’s productions.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A post-secondary education in technical theatre from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- At least 3 years of job experience as a technical director at a producing live professional theatre.
- A thorough grounding, and demonstrated abilities in all aspects of stagecraft (lighting & electrics, sound, carpentry, rigging, painting, drafting, etc.).
- Demonstrated professional experience in one or more aspects of stage design.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A comprehensive understanding of: Vectorworks CAD, DM1000 sound consoles, QLab, ETC Element lighting consoles.
- Integrity, leadership, a team-centered point of view, a sense of humor, a passion for theatre arts and the ability to remain affable in high pressure, deadline driven circumstances.
- Superior communication skills.
- Self-directed time management abilities.
This is a permanent full time employee position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Nicole Lamb, Production Manager
Chemainus Theatre Festival
9574 Bare Point Rd. Bag 1000
Chemainus, BC V0R 1K5
Come live, work & play on Vancouver Island! The Chemainus Theatre Festival Society, located 30 minutes south of Nanaimo, and 1 hour north of Victoria, is accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a professional not-for-profit theatre company producing live theatre on Vancouver Island, BC.