This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Design
4th Line Theatre, an outdoor theatre company located in Millbrook, Ont., is currently looking for a Props Designer/Builder for the 2016 summer season.
Start date: May 23, 2016
End date: August 6, 2016 (10 weeks)
Responsibilities of this position will include:
• Creating and adapting props as needed.
• Sourcing and purchasing materials.
• Working closely with the Creative and Production teams.
• Assist with the build of the productions as required
• Attend production, planning and other meetings and notes sessions as required, respond to show reports
• He/she has construction and carpentry skills and is able to work well under pressure
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment
• The ideal candidate has experience and/or post-secondary training in theatre
• Demonstrated ability to design and/or build props for the theatre
• Experience in any of the following is an asset: scenic painting, costume and/or set design/build
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required
• A car is a requirement
• Must enjoy working outdoors
• Ideal for a returning student
4th Line Theatre can arrange temporary housing options for the length of the contract for out-of-town applicants.
Please send a resume and cover letter by January 29, 2016 to:
c/o 4th Line Theatre
P.O. Box 403 Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
*If applying by email, please note the position title in the subject line of your email.
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca