This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Artistic Director, this position plays an integral role on the Senior Management Team while being directly accountable for all matters related to the successful operation of the production department.
In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Production Manager to:
• Exhibit leadership skills within the organization as a whole and be a member of the Senior Management Team
• Negotiate the terms and conditions of all contracts for lighting, set and costume designers, composers and stage managers, remaining up-to-date on all applicable collective agreements (e.g. CTA, PACT/ADC)
• Prepare and maintain the Master Production Schedule for all Theatre Productions, Special Events, and Venues at the Theatre
• Be consistent, accurate and timely with respect to the preparation and management of production budgets
• Be an active member of Globe Theatre’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
The individual in this position shall possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, project management, organizational and financial management skills; they will be well versed in production scheduling and budgeting as well as be familiar with set, wardrobe, and property construction techniques, theatrical lighting and sound systems, safe rigging practices, and special effects work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience either as a Production Manager or similar position in a related field.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Regina for this full time position; the Theatre will assist the successful candidate with relocation expenses. Globe offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
Salary: To be negotiated.
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume and list of references to:
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company located in an historic building in downtown Regina. We are the largest performing arts organization in Saskatchewan with an annual operating budget of 3.3 million dollars and produce six main stage productions per season for our permanent theatre-in-the-round and 5-7 productions in the Shumiatcher Sandbox Series. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.