This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Production Manager is responsible for all production and technical activities at Gateway Theatre. He or she ensures the efficient and cost effective execution of all production activities whilst maintaining a consistent standard of excellence. This is a full-time permanent position.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Production Manager will oversee all aspects of the Production Department at Gateway Theatre, supporting the activities of Gateway’s own productions and presentations, in addition to rental events and other activities. Responsibilities include:
- Planning, budgeting and overseeing the technical execution of Gateway’s productions and presentations
- Facility equipment maintenance and planning
- Offering production support to rental events
- Human resource management of union (IATSE, CAEA, ADC) and non-union staff
- Participating as a member of the Management Team and working collaboratively with other departments to achieve Gateway’s long-term goals.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a Production Manager or as a member of a Production Management team.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre.
- Negotiating and acting as mediator in artistic and technical discussions.
- Experience creating, monitoring and adhering to budgets.
- Experience overseeing production calendars and schedules.
- Ability to read a script and assess requirements in regards to staffing, budgeting and design.
- Good computer skills and detailed knowledge of spreadsheets; knowledge of common industry-specific software.
- Experience reading ground plans, light plots, and other theatrical specifications a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage others and delegate work.
- A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to work.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Jovanni Sy email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 18 November 2016. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $46,000-$49,000 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental coverage and a pension plan.
Jovanni Sy, Artistic Director
Gateway Theatre is a welcoming and inclusive regional theatre for Richmond and its surrounding communities. Encouraging participation and cultural diversity, we strive for excellence and leadership in the development and production of live professional theatre and programs that connect the community.