This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Other
Intrepid Theatre, producers of the Victoria Fringe Theatre Festival, are seeking a Production Assistant to assist with planning and operation of the 25th Annual Festival.
The Production Assistant will work in conjunction with the Production Manager, Operations Manager and General Manager in a variety of capacities to prepare for and manage the Festival.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create drawings of Fringe venues & prepare venue binders for venue technicians
• Help to develop and implement our volunteer program
• Communicate with shows regarding production needs
• Assist with sourcing production suppliers
• Help to develop and manage artist billet program
• Inventory and label all Fringe production materials
• Assist with the planning and operation of Fringe Festival special events, including Kids’ Fringe, Preview, Block Party & Closing Party
• Assist with operation of Intrepid Theatre’s general office
• Plan and setup festival site office
• During festival, work as relief technician for venue technicians
This position is for the period of June 20 to Sept 5 inclusive. The position is based on 30 hours per week, at a rate of $14.25 hourly. Given the needs of festival operation, the applicant will bank hours, and should expect to work an average of 55 hours weekly in that final 2 week span.
This position is funded by Service Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program, and as such applicants must be continuing their post-secondary education in September of 2011. Graduating high school students accepted to a university or college are eligible. Post-secondary students who were not in school in the last semester must be attending in the fall of 2011.
The applicant will be exposed to other technical theatre experiences through overviews and site visits of other festivals and theatres. The applicant will also be provided with a professional development opportunity through attendance at the Canadian Institute of Theatre Technology Conference, an annual national conference to be held this year in Victoria.
This position is ideal for a senior Theatre Production student, one with experience in both technical operations and stage management, but Intrepid does invite applications from all post-secondary students. This position is based in Victoria, BC, and there is NO provision for travel or accommodations.
Applications will be accepted until 4PM Wednesday June 8, by email only to:
Please include a resume, cover letter, and list of qualifications.
Victoria area students selected for an interview will be seen in person. Students resident outside Victoria will be interviewed by phone.
More info can be found here: http://intrepidtheatre.wordpress.com/victoria-fringe/
Intrepid Theatre thanks you for your interest in the Victoria Fringe Festival.
Salary: $14.25 hourly
Intrepid Theatre ; Metro Studio Theatre & Intrepid Theatre Club
Victoria's Intrepid Theatre is the producer of the Victoria Fringe Theatre Festival, the UNO Festival of Solo Performance, a presentation series, in addition to operating two theatre spaces.