This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Vertigo Theatre Society in Calgary, AB seeks a Playhouse Technician for the 2012/13 season. This is a seasonal hourly position which commences August 21, 2012 and terminate June 22, 2013. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Playhouse Technician's primary responsibilities are to provide excellent technical services to users of The Playhouse Theatre and to ensure that the Playhouse venue equipment is properly and safely used. The Playhouse Theatre is a 350 seat proscenium theatre used for Vertigo Mystery productions, YStage Family Series productions, and rental groups.
The successful candidate:
- Possesses excellent sound and lighting technical skills
- Possesses excellent inter-personal, time management, and supervisory skills
- Has experience supervising crews for lighting hangs, focus, sound installs
- Maintains a high quality of work and attention to detail
- Ensures safety of the workplace by adhering to all health, security, and safety policies and procedures
- Is team oriented
- Has up-to-date first aid and WHMIS training
- PAL firearms certification is an asset
- This position includes benefits after an initial three-month wait period.
- This position requires weekend and evening work
- To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and the contacts for three references to:
Production & Facility Manager
Applications will be accepted until April 13, 2012, with interviews commencing the week of April 16th. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Terri Gillis, Production & Facility Manager
Vertigo Mystery Theatre is the only professional theatre company in Canada that produces a full season of plays based in the mystery genre. Since our very first production in 1978 – Dame Agatha Christie’s The Mousetrap - we have continued to expand our boundaries. Our seasons include everything from the classic Murder on the Nile to the highly contemporary and critically acclaimed The 39 Steps. Our loyal audience is also growing. We currently welcome over 5,200 subscribers who are joined each season by 25,000 single and group ticket buyers.
Y Stage is Calgary’s only theatre company presenting a full season of professionally produced theatre for young audiences. This family focused series attracts 3,500 eager young people and their families each season to weekend public performances. Y Stage productions are highly entertaining while also being socially relevant and thought provoking, providing a springboard for discussion on the themes and topics of the shows.