This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Canada’s Wonderland proudly presents “Snoopy Rocks! On Ice”. This spectacular ice show takes place on our main stage at Wonderland Theatre. This venue is an 800 seat standard proscenium theatre with a 50 foot stage that currently houses a fully authentic ice rink as well as a full lighting and sound inventory and a 28 line set single purchase fly system.
• Electricians (Lighting Technicians) will work very closely with our professional lighting designer throughout rehearsals to provide technical support and leadership to the lighting crew.
• Electricians (Lighting Technicians) will be responsible for helping co-ordinate hang and focus sessions and program lighting cues to time code. During the show run they will be responsible for running the lighting board.
• Electricians (Lighting Technicians) will inspect all lighting equipment daily and will be responsible for troubleshooting lighting problems, assessing equipment for repairs, and general lighting maintenance throughout the season. They will also be responsible for keeping up to date paperwork and provide consistent communication to stage management.
• Applicants should be currently enrolled or a graduate of a post secondary theatre program or have technical theatre experience specific to lighting design and technology.
Experience with an ETC ION Board will be considered an asset.
• Excellent communication, guest service and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, unpredictable environment
• Abide by and enforce all safety regulations
• Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Reliable source of transportation, outside of public transportation
Snoopy Rocks On Ice will rehearse from June 11th-24th.
Public performances begin on Saturday June 25th and will run 3 shows per day, 6 days a week until September 5th.
All technicians will be expected to work 6 days a week with Wednesdays as the designated dark day.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Sr. Operations Supervisor
Canada’s Wonderland is dedicated to providing our guests with world-class thrills, fun and family entertainment, guided by the principles of safety, service, courtesy, cleanliness and integrity. We offer a great work experience in a unique atmosphere and we are serious about the role that our employees play in entertaining our guests. We expect our employees to: work safely and honestly; arrive for work on time; adhere to our Appearance Standards; be polite and courteous with Guests and fellow Employees; and take pride in their jobs.