This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Atlantic Ballet Theatre of Canada is looking for a Lighting Electrician to join their production team for their European and Atlantic Canadian performance dates.
The Lighting Electrician will be responsible for overseeing and assisting with the implementation of the lighting plot at each theatre on the performance circuit.
He/she will be responsible for maintaining the plot and associated paperwork as necessary.
He/she will be responsible for overseeing and leading house venue crews for hang, focus and show execution.
He/she will also be required to assist in other departments as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to read lighting plots and associated paperwork (instrument schedules, patching charts etc)
- Solid knowledge of electrical theory and power distribution
- Solid understanding of DMX 512 protocol and data networking
- Familiarity with moving lights and DMX controlled accessories
- Possess basic rigging skills
- Possess a valid Canadian drivers license
- Be able to work independently as a department head
- Be familiar with either Vectorworks or AutoCAD, as well as Lightwright
- Be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Possess a valid Canadian passport
- Speak fluent English
The following skills would be considered an asset, but are not required:
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge of Strand Palette VL16 programming
Candidates must be available for the European performances beginning March 14, 2010, and for various dates in Atlantic Canada in April and May 2010.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Chad Croteau, Technical Director via e-mail at email@example.com.
Submission reviews will begin Thursday, March 11 and will continue until the position is filled.