This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Coordination of all wardrobe construction activities, including ensuring that wardrobe construction stays on schedule and within assigned budgets.
• Working with the designer to realize the design
• Liaising with stage management with regards to scheduling fittings, establishing rehearsal requirements, etc.
• Management of the wardrobe shop and related personnel.
• Assisting with the recruitment of wardrobe personnel.
• Assist in the budgeting of the wardrobe department and provide a cost estimate for all designs in advance of construction.
• Tracking and reporting all wardrobe and related expenditures.
• Purchasing costume pieces, fabrics and accessories
• Production of all required paperwork for the running crew.
• Ensuring all wardrobe activities are performed in a safe and orderly manner consistent with company policy, practice and procedures.
• Reading all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of the build.
• Applicants should have 5+ years professional work experience in a theatrical work environment, and preference will be given to those with management experience.
• The position requires excellent interpersonal skills, detailed knowledge of wardrobe construction and good budget management skills.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety compliance and the ability to promote a positive team environment in the workplace is essential.
• A valid driver's license.
This is an annually renewable contract position, and specific work dates will vary by season. The 2014-2015 contract work dates take place between August 6, 2014 and April 12, 2015.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references.
Applications will be accepted until a lead candidate can be identified and the position is filled. We thank all of those interested for applying however only those short listed for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Salary: Governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
David Fraser, Production Manager at
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s leading contemporary theatres. We are in residence in the Martha Cohen Theatre (a 400 seat proscenium/thrust theatre) in the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts in the heart of downtown Calgary, Alberta. We produce from September through May. Our season is busy; our workplace is dynamic; the work on our stage is exciting and wide-ranging in style, process and artistry. We’re seeking a great team member to help us achieve our artistic goals and take ATP into the future. Check out our website at www.atplive.com.