This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working for the Technical Director, the Head of Sound is responsible for all audio installations including the set-up and tear down operations during transfers, the equipment performance during shows and maintenance and repairs of the equipment, to ensure the quality of the show.
• Plan, coordinate and execute the set-ups and tear down of all audio and band equipment during transfers;
• Plan, coordinate and carry out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshoot to maintain the audio and band equipment in excellent condition;
• Responsible for the safety and cleanliness of technical areas (backstage, shops, etc.);
• Operate the audio console during shows, rehearsals and media events;
• Ensure that operations run smoothly and safely during rehearsals, shows and media events;
• Ensure that the audio equipment and ‘audio mix’ conform to the original concept and quality of the show;
• Plan and take part in updating, replacing and maintaining the audio equipment in collaboration with the technical department;
• Manage “fly-in” staff, band technicians and teams of local employees;
• Load and unload trucks and flatbeds a per loading plans;
• Participate in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Perform all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
• Minimum 3-6 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Management experience;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of audio/electrical systems, as well as touring operations;
• Excellent knowledge of audio consoles and equipment including Yamaha, Digidesign;
• Excellent knowledge of wireless equipment (communications, microphones & headset);
• Excellent knowledge of Clear Com communication systems;
• Excellent communication skills with artists and musicians;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: to be discussed.
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.