This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Globe Theatre is looking for a Head of Scenic Carpentry to oversee all set building elements for
productions produced and presented by the Theatre.
Globe Theatre is a dynamic theatre company located in an historic building in downtown Regina. We are
the largest performing arts organization in Saskatchewan with an annual operating budget of 3.3 million
dollars and produce six main stage productions per season for our permanent theatre-in-the-round and 5-
7 productions in the Shumiatcher Sandbox Series. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment
where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.
The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively.
In addition to having superior interpersonal, communication, project coordination, and problem solving skills, the Theatre expects the Head of Scenic Carpentry to:
• maintain a high quality of workmanship, achieving the attention to detail that each constructed set
element or hard prop requires
• ensure the safety of the workplace by adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures
• ensure the safety of the performers by taking responsibility for any rigging as it applies to set
• work with designers to realize their designs in conjunction with Technical Director, Director of
Production and directors.
• construct set elements and hard props upon approval of Technical Director.
• review cost and labour design breakdowns for set elements and hard props to determine whether
presented designs are feasible based on time, staffing and budget and where appropriate, make
recommendations to the Technical Director.
• adhere to all budget guidelines as determined by the Director of Production.
• order supplies, materials and equipment required
• supervise all casual labour, students and volunteers assisting in set construction.
• supervise and participate in the set-up and strike of the set in the theatre.
• adhere to all schedules and deadlines as determined by the Technical Director.
• repair set elements during performance runs as required.
This Seasonal Contract, which runs from September through May, is available immediately.
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Crystal L. Spicer, Director of Production, Globe Theatre
This posting will close on August 26th, 2011.
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be
contacted by the Theatre.
Crystal L Spicer