This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Venue Technician is responsible for ensuring:
that the production technical needs of Yukon Arts Centre clients and artists are satisfied,
that casual stage crew are trained and managed to meet those needs,
that equipment and systems are maintained so as to be capable of meeting those needs
a) Graduation from a recognized theatre technical programme (college or university) or equivalent experience.
b) Knowledge of ETC Gio Programming and operation
c) Knowledge of sound, lighting and rigging for the theatre.
d) Knowledge of theatre production protocols
e) Basic carpentry and electrical training
a) Lighting design and operation
b) Basic sound operation
c) Basic operation and management of stage elements
d) Basic scenic shop skills
e) Good time management and the ability to schedule others
f) Supervision of stage crew
g) Production planning and scheduling
Results to be achieved:
1) Ensure that all technical aspects of all productions run smoothly and to the artists and presenters satisfaction.
2) Ensure that clients, staff and volunteers operate safely and in accordance with Yukon Arts Centre policy and procedure guidelines.
3) Ensure effective and timely communications internally among Yukon Arts Centre staff and externally with Yukon Arts Centre clients.
4) Ensure good morale and teamwork among stage crew and volunteers.
5) Ensure that both professional touring artist’s and local artist’s production needs are met or exceeded.
6) Ensure that relations with local arts groups and performers are managed with diplomacy, patience and a lack of complaint.
1) In the absence of the Technical Director liaise with clients, presenters or artists to determine technical requirements. Ensure that information is shared among staff as may be required.
2) Prepare for, set-up, manage and operate presentations as may be required.
3) Facilitate the effective use of theatre’s technical systems to maximize the quality of any presentation with an emphasis on ETC Gio Programming and operation.
4) Maintain and operate lighting, and other theatrical equipment as may be required.
5) Supervise casual stagehands.
Salary: The position is offered as an acting position. This position is a Temporary Technician position created to cover staffing position on Maternity leave. This is a full time Public Service Alliance of Canada position as per the collective agreement under Venue Technician. Rate of Pay- $22.24- $24.11 per hour Benefits- Additional $0.71 an hour in lieu of benefits Moving Expenses- Assistance with moving expenses available.
Please provide a cover letter with a detailed resume with related experiences to
Technical Director / Production Manager
Mail: PO Box 16, Whitehorse, YT. Y1A-5X9
The Yukon Arts Centre is a not for profit charitable organization that is dedicated to the development of the arts as an important cultural, social and economic force in the Yukon. We intend to be model for the development of the arts in the north and a stimulus for a vibrant and creative Territory. We are seeking a like-minded team player that can help us achieve our goals: an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled individual who will fill the temporary position of Full Time Venue Technician.