This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Port Theatre Society is seeking a professional audio technician for the position of Head of Audio to join our leadership team. This is a full time, salaried position and offers an extensive benefit package.
This position reports to the Technical Director and directly supervises part time staff on an as-needed basis.
The successful candidate will have excellent technical and communication skills and will exhibit a keen interest and marked ability to work as a part of a dynamic team environment. While the primary focus will be on Audio, the Head of Audio will be expected to assist the Production Team in all areas of theatre management as required.
The successful candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience in live mixing for a wide variety of disciplines
• Knowledge of industry best practices related to audio production and sound reinforcement
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage maintenance and ongoing capital development of the house audio system
• Experience and proven ability in supervising and nurturing casual and part-time staff
• Ability to contact clients to advance upcoming events as needed
• Ability to provide expertise and assistance to both community and professional touring clientele
• Computer literacy including basic networking knowledge
• Reasonable stage craft skills
• Experience with RF management
• An interest in lifelong learning and professional development
• A willingness to teach and share information and knowledge, and to be a team player
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and resume by email to:
Lisa Desprez, Administrative Assistant
Include Head Audio Search in Subject Line
The Port Theatre is an 800-seat professional roadhouse theatre that operates in downtown Nanaimo, British Columbia. The theatre is owned by the City of Nanaimo and operated by the Port Theatre Society. It hosts an average of 200 events per year comprised of a broad range of commercial and community based clients as well as events presented directly by the Society.