This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Responsibilities of the Head Dresser include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in all performance and technical rehearsals where costumes are required.
- Maintenance, laundering and repairing all costumes.
- Maintenance of all relevant departmental equipment.
- Management of all additional wardrobe running crew, as required by production.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean work environment
- Working closely, collaboratively and effectively with the wardrobe construction department, other backstage departments, and creative teams.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 5 years experience working in a wardrobe running position, or similar position with transferable skillsets
- Experience managing and running a crew and/or department.
- Ability to work in a fast, quick-paced environment.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude toward their role and desire for continued professional development
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- This is a seasonal position with guarantee of a minimum of 40hrs/week for 40 weeks per theatre season.
- This position operates under a collective agreement with IATSE, local 212
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a minimum of 2 references, to Amelia Marie Newbert, Production and Operations Manager at .
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To stimulate, provoke, and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite local, national, and international engagement.
To stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful, and diverse programming.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusiveness.