This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Artistic Director and CEO, this position plays an integral role on the Management Team while being directly accountable for all matters related to the successful operation of the production department.
In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Director of Production to:
• Exhibit leadership skills within the organization as a whole and be a member of the Management Team
• Hire, supervise, schedule and evaluate all production department personnel, in accordance with the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295.
• Negotiate the terms and conditions of all contracts for lighting, set and costume designers, composers and stage managers, remaining up-to-date on all applicable collective agreements (e.g. CTA, PACT/ADC)
• Prepare and maintain the Master Production Schedule for all Theatre Productions, Special Events, and Venue at the Theatre
• Be consistent, accurate and timely with respect to the preparation and management of production budgets
• Lead the Globe Theatre’s Occupational Health and Safety Committee
The individual in this position shall possess exceptional interpersonal, communication, project management, organizational and financial management skills; they will be well versed in production scheduling and budgeting as well as be familiar with set, wardrobe, and property construction techniques, theatrical lighting and sound systems, safe rigging practices, and special effects work. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience either as a Director of Production or similar position in a related field.
Candidates must be willing to relocate to Regina for this full time position; the Theatre will assist the successful candidate with relocation expenses. Globe offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the Theatre.
Ruth Smillie, Artistic Director and CEO
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.2 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six-seven main stage series as well as a five-seven play second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.