This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Production Manager & the Head of Sound Department/Sound Engineer, Deck Audio is responsible for the wireless microphones that will be placed on actors during rehearsals and performances. They will also assist the Head of Sound and Monitor Technician as needed throughout the production process.
• Communicating and liaising with the rest of the Sound Team and Stage Management to ensure microphones get put on the correct people at the correct time.
• Aiding with the installation of the full sound system at the beginning of the year, under the supervision of the HOD.
• Putting microphones on actors
• Relaying microphone information to the HOD if needed as it comes up in rehearsal.
• Creating and maintaining the necessary paperwork for mapping the microphones journeys to different actors throughout the performance.
• Trouble Shooting problems to the best of their ability with the help of the rest of the sound team.
• Receiving notes from Stage Management and resolving them to the best of their ability
• Participating in the annual strike week that follows the performance season.
• Other duties as required
• A minimum of 2 years of Theatre Technology Schooling.
• A strong understanding of theatre organization
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• An organized personality
• Must enjoy working in a challenging creative environment with a large group of eclectic personalities
• Excellent Inter-personal skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills
• Willing and able to walk the challenging outdoor, 60-acre set
• Valuable related experience includes: working in theatres with volunteers and/or large casts; experience with outdoor theatre and First AID
• Must be able to work daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays.
First Day – May 1st 2019
First Day of Rehearsal – May 9th 2019
Opening Night – July 5th 2019
Closing Night – July 21st 2019
Strike Week (Contract End date) – July 28th 2019
Salary: $7500 - 12 Week Contract
Steven Lafond - Production Manager
Now in its 26th season, the Canadian Badlands Passion Play is an epic musical/theatrical portrayal of the life of Jesus set on Canada’s largest outdoor theatre stage with up to 180 performers on stage. Our 35 member Production team works with the volunteer and paid actor cast to present 9 performance each July to an aggregate audience of over 13,000. We invite you to consider joining us this coming season.