This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Working for the Technical Director, the Operator is responsible for programming and operating the Video, Lighting and Special Effects in conformity with the original artistic design of the show.
• Assisting the Head of Video and Head of Lighting while planning, coordinating and performing the set-up and tear down of all lighting and video equipment during transfers;
• Ensuring that operations run smoothly and safely during rehearsals and shows;
• Operating the video, lighting and special effects console during shows, rehearsals and media events;
• Implementing technical and artistic changes along with the designers, the technical director and the artistic coordinator;
• Ensuring that the equipment, focus and programming conform to the original concept and design of the show;
• Participating in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Adjusting and re-programming cue sequences depending on the running order of the show;
• With the head of Video and the Head of Lighting, the Console Operator should help planning, coordinating and carrying out the necessary maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting in order to maintain the equipment in excellent condition;
• Performing all other tasks required to ensure that show operations are smooth and safe.
• 3-6 years minimum experience as a Console Operator on touring productions;
• Excellent knowledge of GrandMA Consoles – operation, programming, networking and troubleshooting;
• Excellent knowledge of Watchout, Trax et Coolux servers;
• Excellent knowledge of Windows XP and computer network management;
• Excellent knowledge of the principles and standards in lighting, video and special effects, electronics and equipment networking on touring productions;
• Managerial experience;
• Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: to be discussed.
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15