This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Box Office Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include:
- Receive and direct visitors by phone and in person (customer service)
- Receive deliveries, invoices and mail; direct them to the appropriate staff member
- Maintain and update multi-line phone system
- Maintain, clean and organize front desk/box office area and lobby
- Open the front doors at the start of the business day
- Inform staff of visitors and appointments
- Maintain and stock counters and lobby areas with promotional materials
2. Box Office
- Manage and direct all phone, email, and in person ticket orders and inquiries
- Build shows for sale and process all ticket orders via the central box office system
- Be accountable for the balancing of daily box office receipts
- Receive and respond to box office emails
- Prepare and mail out ticket orders, including season tickets
- Provide frontline support and reporting to Promoters of both on and offsite events
3. Program Administration & General Office
- With the Executive Director – coordinate class schedules, locations and staffing of educational programming
- With the Executive Director and Technical Director – coordinate The Calgary Region One Act Play Festival and any other Pumphouse productions
- Process Drama Class registrations and payments, charitable donations, tax receipts and memberships
- Ensure the office is equipped with appropriate supplies.
- Assist in the coordination of publicity for Drama Classes and the One Act Play Festival
- Produce the Pumphouse Playbill and other promotional materials.
- Update the Pumphouse Theatre website
- Perform other duties as assigned for the professional and efficient management of the Box Office and Pumphouse Theatres Society
This is a full time position with occasional evening and weekend work required.
The Ideal Candidate is…
… Imaginative. You are highly focused and flexible with a willingness to learn new skills
… Self-directed. You work independently as well as in a team environment
… Articulate. A strong communicator, you have superior customer service skills
… Educated. You possess a Post-Secondary education in arts or arts management
… Computer Savvy. You are comfortable with basic MS Office software and learning new applications.
… Experienced. While not a requirement, previous box office experience is an asset.
Salary: $30 000.00 - $34 000.00 depending on experience
If you are interested in this opportunity,
please forward a resume and cover letter no later than December 18, 2011 to the attention of:
The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
The Pumphouse Theatre, one of Calgary’s leading performing arts venues provides affordable, quality rental facilities and box office services to many of Calgary’s performing arts organisations. We are seeking a Box Office / Program Administrator. This is a temporary full-time 1 year maternity leave contract from January 30, 2012 – January 30, 2013.