This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Contract Dates: September 19 2011 – May 27 2012
The ATD will be responsible directly to the Technical Director and Production Manager.
He/She will assist the team in all technical elements of the Shop / Rehearsal Hall / Opera House and Theatre Orangeville productions. This will include but not be limited to the following:
- Major Set Carpentry
- Scenic Painting
- Props Building and Sourcing
- Maintaining stock inventories
- Hang and Focusing Lights
- Running Theatre Orangeville Shows
- Running Shows for User Groups
- Load In and Out of Sets and Production Gear
- Cleanup and General Maintenance of the Theatre/Shop
The Applicant will need to have:
- Degree or Diploma in Technical Theatre OR at least 3 years work experience (with references)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Carpentry Skill
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- General knowledge of Lighting and Sound
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
The Assistant Technical Director position is based in Orangeville, Ontario. Applicant must have a valid Ontario "G" drivers license.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $550 weekly