This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position works closely with Production staff, Designers, and Stage Management. In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Assistant Technical Director to:
• In consultation with the Technical Director, provide schedules for completing all technical elements on time and within allotted budget.
• Assist the Technical Director in supervising the IATSE crew members on assigned productions and events
• Liaise with creative team and production department staff and troubleshoot technical challenges as they arise
• In combination with the Technical Director, oversee all main stage set installations/strikes, lighting hangs and focuses, and other casual crew calls as required by the production schedule
• Attend technical rehearsals as required by the Technical Director
• Communicate and co-ordinate with suppliers and organize equipment rentals, purchases and repairs
• Creates and modifies CAD drawings
• Attend all staff and production meetings
• Be well versed in the use of collective agreements
• Adhere to Globe Theatre’s Personnel Policy
The individual in this position will have received a post-secondary degree from a recognized technical theatre training institution or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience. The Assistant Technical Director must ensure a high caliber of workmanship in all production elements appearing on stage, be able to read and create technical drawings, champion a safe and responsible work environment, be able to drive towards deadlines while observing budget constraints and demonstrate sensitivity towards staff and artists.
Globe Theatre offers a competitive salary and benefits package including employer contributed RRSP.
The start date for this full-time position is Immediate
We thank all candidates for their submissions though only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted by the Theatre.
Globe Theatre encourages people of all backgrounds to apply
Salary: 800-950 per week
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest and resume, by Sept 14, 2018, in confidence to:
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six to seven main stage series as well as a second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.