This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Vertigo Theatre Society in Calgary, AB seeks an Assistant Production Manager (APM) commencing on August 2, 2011. The ideal candidate will be available for a three-week training period in April/May of 2011 in preparation for season 2011/12. Working within a production department consisting of the Production Manager and Technical Director (TD), the APM is responsible for maintaining and overseeing budgets alongside the PM, scheduling all productions, contractors, and production staff with the PM, timesheets and invoicing for rental companies, working with the TD to ensure rental companies and Vertigo’s Y Stage Series are well taken care of in terms of technical needs, schedules, and crews. Vertigo’s Production Department works as a team, and duties of the PM, TD, PA, and APM are often shared.
The successful candidate:
- Supports the PM and will act as the representative of the PM when the PM is unavailable
- Assists in all aspects of maintaining the production department
- Is a theatre professional with 3-5 years’ experience in the field and has training and experience in budgeting, scheduling, and supervising staff and crews
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to multi-task, collaborate, meet deadlines, and is a team player
- Is proficient in Word and Excel, with AutoCAD or Vectorworks an asset
- Has their First Aid and WHMIS training or a willingness to take the training prior to commencing work
- Firearms PAL certification is an asset
This is a new position.
Terri Gillis, Production & Facility Manager
Vertigo Theatre produces 5 main stage productions each season as part of their Mystery Series, 1 production as part of the Y Stage series, and 5 presentations as part of the Y Stage Family Series.