This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Assistant Head of Electrics assists the Head of Electrics in the safe and effective operation of the Electrics Department and the organization, installation, operation and maintenance of all lighting equipment related to Citadel productions and presentations as well as tours, rentals and other events in the Citadel complex.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the coordination of lighting requirements for productions and rentals mounted at the Citadel Theatre.
• Assemble, construct, and assist in the creation of special effect functions when required, including practicals.
• Program and/or operate lighting consoles and automated lighting control systems.
• Operate shows as required.
• Support other activities as required.
• Highly organized, and detail oriented individual who displays a positive attitude
• Post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum two years experience as an LX Operator in a producing theatre
• Working knowledge of EOS and Strand 520 system
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience with video
This is a seasonal position which usually runs from September to June. The successful candidate will begin September 2014.
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. Thank you for your application but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to
The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre producing an annual season which includes a Mainstage series of six plays,additional add-on presentations, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol and our Beyond the Stage presentation series. The Citadel is also home to the Robbins Academy which encompasses our creative development programs: Play Development, the Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Foote Theatre School, and the Citadel Young Companies.
Our beautiful facility in Edmonton’s Downtown Arts District contains: the Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats; the Maclab Theatre - a thrust stage with 685 seats; the Club - a 200 seat cabaret style theatre; the Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area which seats 150; Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and lectures; the Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30 foot waterfall