This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Acquires, builds, purchases or rents all props and furniture as required by the Director and Set Designer(s) for all productions of the STC.
• Scenic Painter for all productions of the STC
• Ensures the maintenance and security of prop storage.
• Provides supervised access to prop storage to people and organizations affiliated with STC.
• Decorates the set with appropriate items in coordination with the Set Designer(s).
• Assists with the install of sets on-stage for all productions of the STC.
• At the discretion of the Technical Director/Production Manager, will be required to work backstage during the run of some productions of the STC. This may include running flys, special effects and other regular backstage duties.
-Minimum 2 years experience in a professional theatre
-A full working knowledge of the equipment in the carpentry shop including various hand and power tools.
-Creative problem solving and resourcefulness.
-Scenic Painting Skills.
-estimating production paint needs for the purposes of ordering and budgeting
-Organizational, self-motivation and time management skills are of the utmost importance.
-A valid driver’s license.
-A diploma or degree in a post-secondary technical theatre production program.
-Props construction experience in a professional theatre
-broad range of experience with various scenic techniques and mediums (including familiarity with woodworking equipment of all types, foams and casting materials)
-willingness to experiment with unfamiliar products/techniques
-good understanding of how props pieces are used by actors
-good communication skills.
This is a permanent contract position. The STC season runs from Sept/Oct - April/May
By email – email@example.com
Fax – 705-674-7369
Mail – Mike Johnston, Production Director
Sudbury Theatre Centre
Box 641, Station B
For over thirty years the STC has been a vital cultural entity in the City of Greater Sudbury. STC is the only English-language professional theatre between Barrie and Thunder Bay. With a 287 seat auditorium, fly tower, a fully-licensed lounge, dressing rooms, a rehearsal hall, a greenroom, wardrobe, storage, an in-house workshop and administrative office space all located under one roof,