This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Working with the Costume Designer to design, create and purchase costumes and
accessories for the production.
• Liaising with the director and Costume Designer about creative concepts,
establishing the look and feel of the production and its characters,
deciding what each character wishes to convey through his/her clothing
(time period, setting, status/social class, age, geographic region, etc.)
• Sketching designs by hand and sometimes using computer programs such as
Photoshop or computer-aided design (CAD).
• Arranging costume fittings, taking actors' measurements for garments and
accessories, such as wigs, shoes and hats.
• Shopping at fabric, craft, charity, and clothes shops
• Must have strong sewing/building skills.
• Should be a graduate of a theatre school programme or have equivalent
experience. The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate
about theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment.
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and a vehicle an asset.
• Must enjoy working outdoors.
Start date: Tuesday June 1, 2010
End date: Friday July 2, 2010 (5 weeks)
c/o 4th Line Theatre
PO Box 403
4 Tupper Street
Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally based, environmentally staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca