This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
• The cut and construction of theatrical costumes. This includes draping and flat
pattern drafting, knowledge of historical patterns, fabrics, decorations and
construction techniques and knowledge of tailoring techniques.
• Arranging costume fittings, taking actors' measurements for garments and
accessories, such as wigs, shoes and hats.
• Shopping at fabric, craft, charity, and clothes shops.
• Assisting with the management and organizing of the costume shop and stock.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate has experience and/or post-secondary training in theatre.
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about
theatre and have the ability to work in a team environment.
• He/she has extensive sewing experience and is able to work well under
• Creative problem solving ability.
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License and clean driving abstract are required.
• A car is an asset.
• Must enjoy working outdoors.
• Ideal for a returning student.
Start date: Tuesday June 1, 2010
End date: Friday July 2, 2010 (5 weeks)
c/o 4th Line Theatre
PO Box 403
4 Tupper Street
Millbrook, ON L0A 1G0
4th Line Theatre is an award-winning outdoor theatre company that presents regionally-based, environmentally-staged, historical dramas. Our performance venue is located on the Winslow farm, just outside of Millbrook, Ontario. To find out more about 4th Line Theatre and the upcoming summer season, please visit our website www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca