This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
LKTYP is currently searching for a candidate to fill the immediate position of Head of Audio. This is a seasonal position. Reporting to the Production Manager and the Technical Director, the Head of Audio will work to ensure that all audio requirements for the productions and facilities are met and maintained.
• In consultation with the Technical Director, the analysis of the sound requirements for LKTYP productions and the organization of material and labour requirements to facilitate the installation and operation of all audio activities.
• Supervision and co-ordination of the audio installations, levels and cueing, and strike sessions for LKTYP productions.
• Instruction of other employees in proper work procedures and the use of safety equipment while working at height, either on ladders, personnel lifts or in the theatre catwalks.
• Maintenance and integrity of the sound design after opening night until the closing performance.
• Maintenance of LKTYP audio equipment in both the Mainstage and Studio performance spaces.
• Assistance to other LKTYP production departments with advice and technical aid when requested.
• A BFA Diploma or College Certificate from an accredited theatre training program or 5 years equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of the programming and cueing of SFX and Q-Lab computer audio playback systems.
• A thorough understanding and working knowledge of analog and digital consoles; as well as wireless microphone applications and techniques for musical theatre productions.
• Ability to organize sound design information for the implementation of levels, cueing and playback in technical rehearsals and performances.
• A good knowledge of wiring and electrical repair is essential.
• A good team player with a great sense of humor, the ability to adapt and improvise, and a willingness to learn.
• Child development through theatre is the primary vision at LKTYP and therefore all employees will be called upon, from time to time, to share their knowledge and demonstrate their skill to others.
Interested candidates should respond in writing with salary expectations by
December 11, 2009 to:
Head of Audio Search, LKTYP,
165 Front Street East, Toronto, ON M5A 3Z4
or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications by fax will not be accepted.
Due to time constraints, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
LORRAINE KIMSA THEATRE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE (formerly Young Peoples Theatre) is the largest Theatre for Young Audiences (TYA) company in Canada and a significant institution in the Canadian professional theatre community. Over our 42-year history we have produced many of the most important works that now form the canon of plays for young audiences in this country. Learning is at the centre of everything we do and LKTYP is renowned as the showplace for presenting important TYA work developed elsewhere. In addition to being a producer and presenter of theatre, LKTYP has also been home to a year-round Drama School for youth since 1969.