This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
This temporary full-time position is available for the anticipated period of March 10, 2010 to June 30, 2010.
To provide technical and instructional support to the Stagecraft Program and users of the Performing Arts Facilities.
Includes working with and overseeing students. Also includes staffing rentals in the 350 seat Laura C Muir Performing Arts Theatre.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal).
2. Completed a Diploma program in Stagecraft at a recognized post-secondary institution with one year related work experience in a wide variety of theatre related areas such as sound, lighting, and rigging or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with an Ion lighting console an asset.
3. Good working knowledge of safety measures used in a laboratory/performance setting.
4. Physically capable of the manual labour related to constructing and maintaining sets.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills with faculty, staff, students and community users.
6. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision as well as establish priorities and achieve deadlines.
8. Proven ability to effectively demonstrate proper laboratory techniques.
9. Hold a valid B.C. Drivers license.
Salary>: $21.66 per hour
Ross Nichol, Coordinator
This is a two year post-secondary theatre and live events training program.