This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
To provide excellent technical and instructional support to the artists and the clients and community of the Yukon Arts Centre. The successful candidate will have extensive experience working with theatrical lighting systems, basic sound operations and consoles, basic fly system and stage skills. She/he will have a well-rounded experience in all areas of technical theatre that compliments the requirements of our renters and facility. The person will work along side the Technical Director.
Required Knowledge and Skills.
1. Stagecraft diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of 1 year related professional work experience. Extensive work experience may negate the need for a diploma. (IE: you do not have to attend school to be good at what you do)
2. Professional experience working in related production areas including sound, lighting and rigging.
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision, which compliments their capacity to work with other team members.
4. Experience working in a roadhouse facility with a wide variety of events and short turn around time.
5. Demonstrated ability to work and assist a wide range of art and performance types including live music, theatre, dance, choirs, variety shows and corporate presentations.
6. Experience with assisting and working with community and semi-professional arts groups with attention to patience, understanding and consideration.
7. Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and achieve deadlines.
8. Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and timely manner.
9. Ability to work at heights, climb ladders, lifts 50 pounds and skill with power tools.
10. The candidate must have strong communication skills; good time management skills, flexibility and approach each situation with diplomacy.
11. Literate with computer systems and software. (Window XP, Mac OS, Vectorworks)
12. A good sense of humour is a useful asset.
The Yukon is a wonderful part of Canada and is home to a diverse
Please provide a cover letter with a detailed resume listing related experiences with dates and location. We encourage all members of the community to apply. The Yukon Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that take the time to apply. We will contact those that best meet the listed qualifications.
Visit the Facility!
Please see http://web.me.com/patrickmatheson/Yukon_Arts_Centre/Welcome.html for images of the facility
Salary: $35K - $40K plus Benefits
Yukon Arts Centre
The Yukon Arts Centre is a not for profit charitable organization that is dedicated to the development of the arts as an important cultural, social and economic force in the Yukon. We intend to be model for the development of the arts in the north and a stimulus for a vibrant and creative Territory. We are seeking a like-minded team player that can help us achieve our goals: an enthusiastic, innovative and skilled individual who will fill the position of Full Time Theatre Technician.
The Yukon Arts Centre is a modern and well-equipped venue that opened in May 1997. We host over 130 events and performances during a 10-month rental/ production season. Over 25,000 audience members attend a wide range of professional and semi-professional performances including: a jazz concert season, a classical music season, modern and ballet dance performances, professional and modern theatre presentations, corporate and community functions, films and screenings and many live music performances.
More information about YAC can be found at: www.yukonartscentre.com