This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Under the supervision of the Operations Lead of the Monument-National (M-N) Campus, the successful candidate will be organized, disciplined and versatile with an ability to lead and mobilize technical teams in supervising, supporting and training of students in a context of creation, production and presentation. This person will be responsible for the planning and smooth running of all technical and administrative operations at the M-N Campus. There are three main types of activities: presentations of shows from all disciplines; technical support for the creation, production and presentation of shows by the students; and holding of corporate and media events.
• In conjunction with the technical team, ensure that expertise is shared using a pedagogical approach;
• Consistently foster a climate conducive to learning;
• With the help of the technical team, provide requested technical support to students at the M-N Campus;
• Provide mentorship to the students while receiving requests and evaluating needs related to student productions, provide solutions and communicate schedules to the technical team;
• Receive and evaluate requests, provide solutions and communicate the needs of the production directors to the technical team related to student productions;
• Contribute to good communication and collaboration between the technical services in the M-N Campus and the pedagogical services in the Saint-Denis Campus;
• Ensure the training of students on health and safety regulations and their proper implementation;
• With the School’s other technical staff, coordinate the transfer of technical equipment between the two Campuses.
• Advise, guide and participate in the evaluation of the technical, operational and budgetary feasibility of the various productions;
• Plan and communicate the work schedules and assignments of technical teams required by the productions, according to the terms of the contracts and the technical data sheets of the productions;
• Ensure that technical operations run smoothly, M-N's health and safety regulations are applied, and schedules are respected;
• With the support of the permanent technicians, supervise all work carried out in the rooms during the assemblies as well as technical and general work calls (except for the students);
• Maintain a list of on-call specialized technicians to meet production needs (lighting technicians, sound engineers, carpenter, Flyperson, riggers, video technicians, etc.);
• Always ensure that the facilities are reset at the end of every production;
• Prepare the invoicing of technical services and transmit the required documents to the administration;
• Prepare biweekly technician time sheets for the payroll department;
• Ensure that the working conditions of technical employees are respected.
Technical and scenic equipment
• Evaluate, prepare and submit equipment acquisition proposals to the Operations Lead;
• Make the purchases required to maintain up-to-date inventories of technical supplies including equipment replacement parts;
• Prepare and maintain technical documentation relating to the theatres (plans and lists of available equipment);
• Manage equipment warranties and maintenance contracts;
• Plan for and allocate necessary resources, and supervise annual maintenance periods for all venues;
• Participate in various tasks related to general building maintenance and specific maintenance of the theatres and their outbuildings (dressing rooms, warehouses, etc.).
Management and administration
• Supervise the quality of work and performance evaluation of the technical team;
• Closely monitor the team's working hours;
• Oversee the implementation and renewal of the agreement on working conditions for technicians in M-N;
• Manage the electronic access codes of the various users of the M-N Campus: students, employees, artists and tenants;
• Manage the wireless communication networks and computer servers;
• Monitor, analyze and evaluate current practices, in order to advise and recommend best practices.
• Demonstrated experience in a similar position with evidence of success;
• Demonstrated ability to lead and mobilize teams, and to maintain a good working climate;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service;
• Strong management and leadership skills;
• Strong aptitude for teamwork, openness to others and divergent thinking;
• Ease of communication, building trusting relationships and passing on knowledge;
• Good sense of organization, planning and budget management;
• Sense of initiative, problem solving, discernment, creativity, rigour, diplomacy, autonomy, integrity, resourcefulness, humour and stress management;
• Master and be up-to-date on all health and safety regulations
• Demonstrated ability in managing daily operations related to stage and technical equipment;
• Demonstrated skills in electrical, lighting, sound, video and rigging systems;
• Good knowledge of IT tools, such as Autocad, Office 365, and Vectorworks;
• Strong manual skills;
• Class 5 driver's licence;
• Fluently bilingual in French and English, written and oral.
As part of our team, the successful candidate agrees to:
• Participate in the ongoing changes and the implementation of innovative processes;
• Contribute to maintaining frank and open exchanges that promote team cohesion and efficiency;
• Collaborate in the team's efforts to create an inclusive and caring professional space;
• Share the view that theatre brings people together and allows them to imagine, think and feel collectively;
• Be flexible in terms of working hours.
We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all and believe in the right to employability. That’s why we support accessibility and employment equality; we encourage people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, and ethnicity, as well as Indigenous people, people with disabilities, and people of colour, to apply.
Salary: 55 000$-60 000$