This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Vertigo Theatre Society in Calgary, AB seeks a Technical Director (TD) for the 2011/12 season to replace the current TD while on maternity leave. This position will commence August 2, 2011 and terminate June 30, 2012. The TD is responsible for all technical elements for five Vertigo Mystery Theatre main stage productions, one Vertigo Y Stage production, and ensuring all rental companies and Vertigo’s Y Stage Series presentations have all they need from a technical, scheduling, and crew standpoint. Vertigo’s Production Department works as a team, and duties of the PM, TD, PA, and APM are often shared.
The successful candidate:
- Will assume responsibility for all technical elements for five productions in the Mystery Series and one production in the Y Stage Series
- Will ensure the Y Stage Series presentation requirements are met, as well as for rental groups in both the Playhouse and the Studio
- Will have a minimum of three years experience as a Technical Director and possess a broad working knowledge of all elements of production
- Will be a graduate of a recognized theatre program or have equivalent professional experience
- Will have strong drafting, CAD and computer skills. Vertigo uses Vectorworks and MS Office on Mac computers
- Will be experienced in scheduling house and casual crews
- Will have strong leadership and interpersonal abilities, and is a team player
- PAL firearms certification, first aid and WHMIS training are an asset
This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave.
Terri Gillis, Production & Facility Manager
Vertigo Theatre produces 5 main stage productions as part of its' Mystery Series, 1 Y Stage production, and presents 5 Y Stage productions as part of its' Family Series.