This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Cow Head, Newfoundland
Position: Technical Director/Crew Chief
Deadline: February 7, 2020
Posted: January 25, 2020
Job Description / Duties
A full job description may be obtained by contacting the Production Manager, Sarah White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications / Required Skills
- at least 3-5 years experience as a Technical Director in professional theatre
- proven leadership skills, team-oriented, punctual, reliable, safe work ethic
- must enjoy working in a challenging creative environment
- experience in repertory theatre is an asset
- experience in production staff scheduling/planning
- experience in estimating/costing theatre designs
- experience creating working drawings for theatre designs
- experience in planning/execution of theatre builds, meeting deadlines
- a background in multiple technical theatre disciplines is an asset – rigging experience, in particular, is an asset
- mentoring junior production staff
- a valid driver’s license is required
The Festival provides return travel (equivalent to the most economical method) for contracted company members.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and damage deposit apply.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
For more information about Theatre Newfoundland Labrador and the Gros Morne Theatre Festival – and The Nurse Myra Bennett Centre for the Performing Arts – visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.
Salary: $700.00-$800.00/week - to commensurate with experience (based on 40 hr work week)
Sarah White, Production Manager email@example.com
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. Each season the Festival produces six productions – three mainstage shows and three studio shows. The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Theatre Newfoundland Labrador is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) and is currently designated as a “F” House.