This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of:
Technical Director – Tom Patterson Theatre
This position reports to the Director of Production and is a member of the Technical Management Team within the Production Department.
• Responsible for productions, staging and technical activity
• Evaluating designs and proposals to ensure safety, financial, changeover and repertory feasibility
• Ensuring that productions fall within established budgets & schedule
• Preparation of initial cash flow and subsequent forecast summaries of financial accounts.
• Planning and scheduling of technical events onstage
• Management of unionized department heads and crew
• Advising Director of Production on all technical aspects relative to the productions, events, schedules, technical facilities and equipment
• Ensuring adherence to the Health and Safety policies of the Stratford Festival
• Minimum three years’ experience as a Technical Director of new productions in a repertory, unionized environment
• Experience supporting events and activity off stage
• Advanced knowledge in Vectorworks or AutoCad and Microsoft Office
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Excellent team player
• Collaborative and positive attitude
Preference will be given to applicants with experience creating new productions working in a repertory environment. A degree in Theatre Production is considered an asset.
This full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin September 3, 2019. Part time work may be required in July/August 2019.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by April 26, 2019 to:
Subject: Technical Director – Tom Patterson Theatre
Located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, we are North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company. Each season, we present a dozen or more productions in four distinctive venues. We produce classics, contemporary dramas and musicals, with special emphasis on the plays of Shakespeare.